Regardless of how men treat us, sometimes we just have to look at ourselves and our actions and realize, “Oh gosh, I’m being the Crazy Girl,” says Jessica Massa in her book The Gaggle: How to Find Love in a Post-Dating World. Do any of the following sound familiar?
- You check out the Facebook page of every girl he’s added as a friend—and let’s not even get started on girls who post on his wall!
- You leave an article of clothing at his house to see if he mentions it without being prompted.
- You secretly check his phone or email to see who else he is talking to.
- You demand that he not hang out with his friends, family, or any girl who comes within a ten-foot radius of him.
- You fight with him in front of other people.
- You trick him into meeting up with you under false pretenses.
- You time how long he takes to text you back and have a set average in your head. More than two hours, and he must be with another girl!
- You count his condoms.
- You respond to an unanswered text by calling him. And then emailing him. And then showing up at his house.
- You cry. Often.
Get relationship tips. Find help with your love life. Have a happy marriage. Sign up for our newsletter!
Sign up to receive the latest tips on Dating Advice: