National Lipstick Day only comes around once a year (July 29, to be precise), but you deserve beautiful lipstick that won’t smudge EVERY day. That’s where a good lip base comes in. Ina De Clercq, author of DIY BEAUTY, shares an easy recipe for creating your own lip primer!
Inspired by MAC’s Prep + Prime Lip
To make sure your lipstick won’t bleed or fade, you need a solid base. This waxy lip base will make sure your lip shade stays put.
How to Make
Melt beeswax in a double boiler over medium heat.
- Melt beeswax in a double boiler over medium heat.
- Once beeswax starts to melt, add sweet almond oil to the double boiler and stir to combine.
- Divide the melted mixture among the containers. Let set 2–3 hours or until solid before use.
How to Use
- For perfect, long-lasting color, start with scrubbed, dry lips.
- Apply a thin layer of lip base. Make sure to coat along the edges of your lips as well.
- Apply a layer of your favorite lip shade on top. Add more layers of lipstick until you reach the desired color and consistency
Makes: 3 (0.15-ounce) lip balms
- 1 tablespoon white beeswax pellets
- 1 tablespoon sweet almond oil
- 3 (0.15-ounce) twist-up containers
For more beauty tips, pick up a copy of DIY Beauty by Ina De Clercq! And don’t miss the 5 essential ingredients you’ll need to create more of your own DIY products…
For more on Tips on Life & Love: Mastering Your Beauty Ritual
Excerpted from DIY Beauty by Ina De Clercq. Copyright © 2019 by the author. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.