Want to save money on high-end beauty products? Learn how to make your own with just a few simple ingredients! Check out this Cream Corporelle recipe (inspired by La Mer’s The Body Crème) from Ina De Clercq’s DIY BEAUTY to create your own body butter!
Inspired by La Mer’s The Body Crème: It’s fluffy, it’s creamy, and it moisturizes your skin like crazy. It’s whipped body butter!
Makes 1 (4.8-ounce) body butter
- 1.6 ounces avocado butter
- 1.8 ounces coconut oil
- 1.4 ounces grapeseed oil
- 25 drops vitamin E oil
- 1 (5-ounce) airtight container or pump bottle
How to Make
- Melt avocado butter in a double boiler over medium heat. Or melt avocado butter in a heatproof container in the microwave on a low setting (650 watts or lower) using 1-minute intervals. Stir in between until butter has melted.
- Take the double boiler off the heat or take the container out of the microwave. Stir in coconut oil and grapeseed oil until dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl and wait until the ingredients start to thicken. Place the mixing bowl covered in the refrigerator for about 50 minutes to quicken the cooling process.
- When the mixture has thickened to a pudding-like consistency, add vitamin E oil.
- Carefully whip the mixture using an electric whisk or mixer at a low setting. Keep whipping until the mixture has a fluffy consistency.
- Transfer whipped body butter to the airtight container or pump bottle.
For more beauty tips, pick up a copy of DIY Beauty by Ina De Clercq! And don’t miss the 5 essential ingredients you’ll need to create more of your own DIY products…
For more on Tips on Life & Love: Mastering Your Beauty Ritual
Excerpted from DIY Beauty by Ina De Clercq. Copyright © 2019 by the author. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.