May is Mental Health Awareness Month, which means now is the perfect time to start working on your own self-care. It’s essential for your own sanity to take care of both your mind and body. Both are key components when it comes to managing your mental health.
Anxiety, depression, and other mental disorder are very common and also very manageable. It’s up to you to seek help and assistance in the form of friends, family, therapy, and treatment if you find yourself going to a dark place mentally.
There’s so many different ways that you can ease your mind through talking things out, exercising, medication, meditation, and more. The best course of action depends on the type of person you are and what will work best with your personality and lifestyle.
To learn more about mental health and de-stressing your body check out these articles:
- #IAMQUEENIE: 7 Books Raising Awareness About Mental Health
- How Stress Can Affect Your Immune System
- Drop the Baggage: Don’t Stress the Little Things
- You Really Can Reduce Stress by Breathing
- 10 Books to Help Manage Anxiety in a Stressful World
- 20 Important Books That Address Mental Health Topics (via Riveted)