It’s easy to rewire our brains to change the way we view ourselves. Through repetition, we can tell ourselves anything. Soon enough, we will believe it. Tanaaz Chubb, author of MY POCKET MANTRAS, shares why mantras are so important for our physical, mental/emotional, and spiritual levels.
The vibration that a mantra creates can change how you perceive your reality, shift your mindset, and create new, positive beliefs about yourself. Even if you don’t initially believe or feel the words of a mantra wholeheartedly, simply reciting it regularly can help your brain rewire your beliefs and change the way you view yourself.
In order for mantras to be effective, they need to be said with a strong intention and a powerful feeling behind them. This is done to enhance the vibrational quality of the mantra and to accelerate its healing effects in your life. Mantras can work on physical, mental/emotional, and spiritual levels.
On a physical level, reciting mantras has been shown to:
- Boost your concentration and focus
- Lower your heart rate and blood pressure
According to traditional Chinese medicine, mantras can also stimulate the endocrine system, bringing balance to the body.
On a mental or emotional level, reciting mantras can:
- Help relieve feelings of stress and anxiety
- Teach you how to love and find compassion for yourself
- Give you the strength and inspiration to lead a positive, purposeful, and joyous life no matter what the circumstances
On a spiritual level, reciting mantras can help to:
- Release bad karma
- Increase spiritual enlightenment and wisdom
- Stimulate the energy centers (chakras) in your mouth and throat so you can better express yourself
What does intimacy mean to you? Here are 5 mantras to build intimacy in a relationship.