Host a successful dinner soiree your guests will truly savor with these easy tips from Lessons from Madame Chic: 20 Stylish Secrets I Learned While Living in Paris.
• No matter what sort of entertaining you are doing, be a confident hostess. This is what your guests want. Even if you don’t feel confident, fake it until it comes naturally to you.
• Put an effort into your appearance.
• Go with what you know. A simple meal that tastes good is much better than an elaborate meal with hits and misses (and is much less work).
• Remain calm in the event of a catastrophe and always maintain a sense of humor.
• Resurrect the ritual of the apéritif and adopt your own signature drink (alcoholic or non).
• If you commit a faux pas, simply laugh it off. We’ve all done it.
• Create a memorable evening by choosing the right music.
• And I’m sure you already know what this last one is going to be . . .Have fun with it! What is the point of going to all that trouble if you yourself are not going to have a good time?