Learn how to develop and maintain unconditional love from the inside out, and in the process bring love to everyone and everything around you. From Love for No Reason: 7 Steps to Creating a Life of Unconditional Love.
The Difference Between Love for Good Reason and Love for No Reason
1. Close your eyes and think of someone or something you love. It can be a person, a pet, a place, or an experience.
2. What do you love about him, her, or it? Appreciate all the wonderful qualities you love about that person or thing. Let yourself savor the object of your love.
3. Ask yourself an unusual question, one that most people never consider: Where does this love come from? What’s causing me to have this wonderful experience? The vast majority of people will answer that the love they feel is directly caused by the object of love they’re thinking about. This is the experience of Love for Good Reason.
4. Now try something different. Switch your focus from the beloved to the experience of love itself. Put your attention on your heart and feel your appreciation independent of your thoughts about the object of your love. Instead of thinking of the qualities of the person or thing, let yourself really feel the love you have inside for whatever it is that you chose.
5. Be with that inner experience of love. You may feel warmth in the center of your chest and/or find yourself smiling.
The difference between these two experiences of love is that the second one is linked to your heart and doesn’t depend on the object of your love. This is Love for No Reason.
When we focus on the heart and its radiance rather than the objects the rays point to — that’s the inner state of love we’re talking about, which you’ll learn to strengthen in the Love for No Reason program.
For many people, it may be hard to grasp that love can be a standalone experience. We think “it takes two to tango.” We love something; we don’t just love. We consider love as something that happens between two people.
Embracing this new idea of love as an independent state and learning how to experience it on a continuing basis is the key to living a life of unconditional love. You fill your own love tank and bring that love to everything in your life.