Do you consider yourself a dreamer? Sarah Centrella, author of #FUTUREBOARDS, shares some questions you should ask yourself.
Are You a Dreamer? Dreamers love to come up with big visions and grand dreams, but we absolutely suck at execution! In fact, what tends to happen is those dreams soon become overwhelming and before we know it, they’ve actually demotivated us. We get all excited, seeing the possibilities, but the longer we think about it, the more impossible it begins to seem. We start to think about all the work we have to do, then we look at our own previous track record and ability to do that work, and this is where we hit a wall! We throw our hands up in despair, letting another dream vanish into oblivion. Here’s how to tell if you’re a Dreamer:
● Do you often daydream?
● Were you a daydreamer as a child?
● Do you consider yourself artistic?
● Do you “see” things in your mind in a vivid or visual way (like a movie in your head)?
● Are you creative?
● Are you a risk taker?
● Does buying a lottery ticket give you secret excitement, a twinge of hope, or even just an excuse to daydream about what you’d do with all that money?
● Have you had a difficult time finding the “right” career path? Or finding your “passion,” because so many things interest you at first glance?
● Does it excite you to try new things or visit new places?
● Do you often think that there “must be more to life”?
● Do you get excited about new “big ideas”?
● Did you always feel, deep down, that you were “meant for something more”?
If you answered yes to most of these, then you’re what I’d consider a natural Dreamer. You love the “big picture.” You can easily visualize and get excited by the best-case scenario of a big vision. You’re likely spontaneous, sometimes acting before fully vetting an idea. You need the most help learning how to do the tangible stuff, breaking your dream into smaller, manageable pieces. You struggle to stay inspired long enough to start seeing results.
Want to learn how to change your mindset and to create a vision board to get what you want in life? Check out #FUTUREBOARDS by Sarah Centrella!
Tips on Life & Love: If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It: Starting a Winery
Excerpted from #FutureBoards by Sarah Centrella. Copyright © 2019 by the author. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.