It’s grilling season finally! Lindsay Boyers, author of THE EVERYTHING KETO DIET MEAL PREP COOKBOOK, shares her zesty barbecue chicken recipe you can serve at your next backyard party!
Make sure both the barbecue sauce and the Italian dressing that you use for this chicken don’t have any added sugar.
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 11⁄2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 cups no-sugar-added barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup no-sugar-added Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- Place chicken and onions in a slow cooker.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and then pour over chicken and onions.
- Cover and cook 7 hours on low or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker, shred with a fork, and return to slow cooker. Stir and allow to cook 1 more hour.
- Allow to cool. Divide into six equal portions and transfer each portion to a separate airtight container. Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat, up to one week.
PER SERVING Calories: 342 | Fat: 7 g | Protein: 26 g | Sodium: 1,076 mg | Fiber: 1 g | Carbohydrates: 4 g | Sugar: 1 g | Net Carbohydrates: 3 g
Find some more great recipes in THE EVERYTHING KETO DIET MEAL PREP COOKBOOK by Lindsay Boyers!
For more on Tips on Life & Love: Going Keto: Spicy Bacon and Avocado Balls Recipe
Excerpted from The Everything Keto Diet Meal Prep Cookbook by Lindsay Boyers. Copyright © 2019 by author. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.