Need a new recipe to start off your new vegan diet? KINDA VEGAN shares a delicious Mango Citrus Salsa Recipe for you to test out!
Picture this: you, squinting from the bright and brilliant sun, standing on the warm sand in front of crystalline waters and watching the turquoise waves drop and pull away. The heady, floral caress of wind in the palm trees and your hair. A cold drink in one hand. And with the other: delicate fingers grasping a chip, plunging it into this cool, refreshing salsa. Paradise is one bite away.
Ingredients (Yields 2 Cups):
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium tangerines, peeled and chopped
- 1 ⁄2 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 ⁄2 medium red onion, peeled and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 ⁄2 medium jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Per Serving: 2 tbsp Calories: 16 Fat: 0 g Protein: 0 g Sodium: 52 mg Fiber: 1 g Carbohydrates: 4 g Sugar: 3 g
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Let mixture sit for 15 minutes to allow the flavors to meet and greet, then serve!
Discover more delicious recipes in KINDA VEGAN!
For more Vegan recipes….
For more on Tips on Life & Love: Vegan Junk Food: Baked Curried Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
Excerpted from Kinda Vegan by Adams Media. Copyright © 2019 by author. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.