This healthy, berry-loaded bowl will give you an energy boost. From The Power Bowl Recipe Book.
Prep Time: 12–24 hours | Cook Time: N/A | Serves 1
1 cup blueberries, divided
1 tablespoon honey
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 cup vanilla almond milk
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
1 cup chia seeds, divided
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon cardamom
1 tablespoon whole flaxseed
1. In a large glass bowl with a tight-fitting lid, crush 1⁄2 cup of the blueberries.
2. Add honey, Greek yogurt, and almond milk and whisk together until thoroughly combined.
3. Add ground flaxseed, 3⁄4 cup chia seeds, cinnamon, and cardamom to the mixture and whisk to blend.
4. Cover and refrigerate for 12–24 hours or until set and thickened.
5. Uncover and top with remaining 1⁄2 cup blueberries, whole flaxseed, and 1⁄4 cup chia seeds. Serve chilled.
PER SERVING Calories: 1373 | Fat: 73.6 grams | Protein: 54.7 grams | Sodium: 273 milligrams | Fiber: 66.5 grams | Carbohydrates: 141.3 grams | Sugar: 57.3 grams
- CHIA SEEDS: filling fiber improves digestion and absorption of nutrients
- GREEK YOGURT: calcium and magnesium improve reaction times
- HONEY: natural sugars maintain sustained levels of energy
- CINNAMON: rich antioxidants safeguard cells against oxidative damage
- BLUEBERRIES: fiber prevents dips in energy levels
- FLAXSEED: omega-3s support brain and muscle health
*POWER BOWL PRIORITIES
Cinnamon provides plentiful phytochemicals and compounds that stimulate the metabolism and act as potent antioxidants. The combination of these two elements not only cleanses the brain and bloodstream of energy-zapping toxins, but it also helps to prevent mental fogginess throughout the day.