What’s for breakfast? A satiating, four-ingredient smoothie from The FastBeach Diet that you can blend up in no time.
Oat Berry Smoothie
220 calories per portion
Oats are full of soluble fiber and release energy slowly to set you up for the day (use rolled oats rather than the more finely milled varieties).
5 ounces skim milk
3.5 ounces low-fat Greek yogurt
3 tablespoons rolled oats
1.7 ounces raspberries or blueberries
Put all ingredients in a blender and blitz. Alternatively, leave out the berries (-25 calories) and try the oat base with:
• Chopped dates (+46 calories for two) and apricots (+24 calories for three halves of dried fruit)
• Honey (+22 calories per teaspoon) and 1 tablespoon fresh blackberries (+15 calories)
• Chopped pear (+103 calories per medium pear) and nutmeg
• Apple (+72 calories per medium apple), cinnamon, and vanilla extract
• Banana (+105 calories) and honey (+22 calories per teaspoon)
Another way to add sweetness is to use lactose-free cow’s milk, which is slightly sweeter on the palate than regular milk. Or try almond milk for a nondairy alternative.