After a long day at work, you don’t want to spend a lot of time prepping and cooking a meal. The Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken recipe found in THE “I LOVE MY INSTANT POT” KETO DIET RECIPE BOOK is deliciously creamy and packed with nutrients. Check out the recipe below.
Stuffed chicken sounds fancy, but it’s really an easy weeknight dinner. The spinach adds powerful nutrients to this meal while balancing out the creamy feta. Serves 4.
- Hands-on time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied
- 1 ⁄2 cup frozen spinach
- 1 ⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 11 ⁄4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup water
1) Pound chicken breasts to ¼-inch thickness. In medium bowl, mix frozen spinach and feta and add ¼ teaspoon salt. Evenly divide mixture and spoon onto chicken breasts.
2) Close chicken breasts and secure with toothpicks or butcher’s string. Sprinkle remaining seasonings onto chicken. Press the Sauté button and add coconut oil to Instant Pot®. Sear each chicken breast until golden brown (this may take two batches). Press the Cancel button.
3) Remove chicken and set aside briefly. Pour water into Instant Pot® and scrape bottom to remove any chicken or seasoning that is stuck on. Place steam rack into pot.
4) Place chicken on steam rack and click lid closed. Adjust time for 15 minutes. When timer beeps, allow a 15-minute natural release, then quick-release the remaining pressure. Serve warm with favorite white sauce if desired.
CALORIES: 301 FAT: 11.8 grams PROTEIN: 40.8 grams SODIUM: 931 milligrams FIBER: 0.7 grams CARBOHYDRATES: 1.6 grams NET CARBOHYDRATES: 0.9 grams SUGAR: 0.7 grams
Click here for more recipes for easy weeknight meals.
Excerpted from The “I Love My Instant Pot” Keto Diet Recipe Book by Sam Dillard. Copyright © 2018 by Simon & Schuster. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.