The holiday season also brings a breeze of cold air. What’s a better way to warm up than with a cup of butter hot chocolate? Lindsey Boyers, author of KETO SNACKS, shares a great, keto-friendly recipe you can use!
This Butter Hot Chocolate is the perfect pick-me-up for that afternoon slump or after-dinner keto treat. It’s easy to whip up with ingredients that you likely already have on hand.
Per Serving Calories: 788 | Fat: 78.8 g | Protein: 6.6 g | Sodium: 99 mg | Fiber: 2.0 g | Carbohydrates: 17.6 g | Net Carbohydrates: 10.6 g | Sugar Alcohols: 5.0 g | Sugar: 0.3 g
Ingredients (1 serving):
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted grass-fed butter
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil 2 tablespoons unsweetened raw cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon granulated erythritol
- Add coconut milk to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Once coconut milk reaches your desired temperature, transfer to a blender and add remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and frothy.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy immediately.
Give it a Kick: If you want a little extra caffeine boost, you can replace the coconut milk in this recipe with some brewed coffee—or use a combination of both.
Discover more recipes in KETO SNACKS!
For more on Tips on Life & Love: 10 Keto Diet Cookbooks to Inspire Delicious, Low-Carb Meals
Excerpted from Keto Snacks by Lindsey Boyers. Copyright © 2018 by author. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.