Every dinner is better when served with a green vegetable, especially one that’s also easy to make! Michelle Fagone, author of “I LOVE MY INSTANT POT” GLUTEN-FREE RECIPE BOOK, shares her blue cheese asparagus recipe!
What better complement to a grilled filet mignon than this Blue Cheese Asparagus! Look for bright green stalks with firm buds—so simple yet elegant. Coupled with a sexy date, a glass of Cabernet, and some sultry music, this is a meal meant for love.
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound asparagus spears, woody ends trimmed and discarded
- 2 teaspoons olive oil 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons crushed walnuts
- Add water to the Instant Pot®. Place asparagus evenly in steamer basket and place basket in pot. Lock lid.
- Press the Manual or Pressure Cook button and adjust cook time to 1 minute. Quick release pressure until float valve drops and then unlock lid.
- Transfer asparagus to a serving dish and toss with oil and vinegar. Garnish with blue cheese and walnuts. Serve warm.
Hands-On Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute
For more great gluten-free recipes, pick up a copy of THE “I LOVE MY INSTANT POT” GLUTEN-FREE RECIPE BOOK by Michelle Fagone!
For more recipes: Picking Pumpkins: Spiced Pumpkin Custard Recipe
Excerpted from THE “I LOVE MY INSTANT POT” GLUTEN-FREE RECIPE BOOK by Michelle Fagone. Copyright © 2018 by the author. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.