In a special selection from her book THE WITCH’S BOOK OF LOVE, author Mary Shannon shares a potion for Sexy Spiced Wine to set the mood for your next date night…
This warming wine is imbued with the intoxicating effects of love and lust. This is the ideal aphrodisiac wine that you and your partner can drink to set the mood. It is also an excellent recipe to use during the winter months to drive away the chill and warm you up, inside and out. Call upon Bacchus, the god of wine, who not only represents the intoxicating power of wine but also is viewed as a promoter of love and peace. For best results, make this on a Full Moon.
Sexy Spiced Wine
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons cardamom seeds
- 2 tablespoons rose hips
- 3 tablespoons whole cloves
- Kitchen string
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 bottle red wine
- Combine cinnamon sticks, cardamom seeds, rose hips, and cloves in a dry cheesecloth. Tie closed with kitchen string.
- Dissolve sugar in a medium saucepan with red wine, stirring occasionally.
- Add spice bundle and allow to simmer on low to medium heat, stirring occasionally, for approximately 20 minutes.
- While stirring in a clockwise motion, infuse your drinkable potion with the following incantation: “Bacchus, Bacchus, bless for me / Infuse my potion, three by three. / Love, passion, and ecstasy, / To share between my love and me.”
- Serve and enjoy.
For hundreds more magical ways to attract and strengthen love, pick up a copy of THE WITCH’S BOOK OF LOVE.
P.S. Be sure to browse The Witch Library for a roundup of Simon & Schuster’s guides to modern witchcraft.
Recipe excerpted from The Witch’s Book of Love by Mary Shannon. Copyright © 2020 by the author. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.