This easy chicken and dumplings stew makes a comforting main—all in one mug. From Meal in a Mug: 80 Fast, Easy Recipes for Hungry People—All You Need Is a Mug and a Microwave.
Prep/cook time: 11 minutes
2 tablespoons chopped onion
1 small carrot, peeled and chopped into ½-inch pieces
1 small potato, peeled and chopped into ½-inch pieces (2 to 3 tablespoons)
1 cup hot chicken stock
2 teaspoons granulated chicken bouillon
Handful of shredded cooked chicken (about 2 ounces)
Pinch of dried mixed herbs or 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
For the dumplings
2 tablespoons self-rising flour
1 tablespoon butter
½ teaspoon dried oregano
4 teaspoons water
1. Put the vegetables in a large mug. Add ½ cup of the stock and stand the mug in a shallow microwaveable dish. Cover the mug with plastic wrap and pierce with a knife. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
2. Stir, then cover, return to the microwave, and cook on high for 2 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, make the dumplings. In a small cup, mix the flour, butter, oregano, and water. Stir the remaining stock, bouillon granules, chicken, and herbs into the vegetables in the mug.
4. Using a spoon, divide the dumpling mixture in half and dollop both on top of the stew. Cover again with the plastic wrap and microwave on high for 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, or until the dumplings are just set.
5. Allow to stand for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.