You won’t feel guilty about eating these sweet treats! This low-carb Lemon Coconut Cheesecake Bites Recipe from CRAVEABLE KETO is perfect for an upcoming dinner party or even a pick-me-up midweek snack. Enjoy this easy to make treat today!
Makes 20 bites (2 per serving) · prep time: 20 minutes, plus 2 hours to set
2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes, divided
1 (8-ounce) package full-fat cream cheese, softened
Juice of 1 lemon
¾ cup powdered erythritol
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Put the coconut in a food processor and pulse until it is finely shredded.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of the shredded coconut, cream cheese, lemon juice, erythritol, and vanilla extract. Using a hand mixer, mix until the ingredients are well combined. Refrigerate the mixture for 2 hours.
- Combine the remaining 1 cup of shredded coconut and the lemon zest and spread it in a thin layer on a plate.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet or large plate with parchment paper. Remove the cheesecake mixture from the refrigerator and, using a tablespoon, form it into 1- to 1½-inch balls. Roll each ball in the coconut and lemon zest mixture and place on the parchment paper.
- Freeze the cheesecake bites for 15 minutes before eating. Store in the freezer for up to 2 months. Let thaw just slightly before eating.
Nothing goes better with dessert than a nice hot cup of tea.