Need a pick-me-up, stat? Cool and refreshing, a glass of this Lavender Tulsi Sparkling Water will instantly brighten your day. Agatha Noveille, author of THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO ADAPTOGENS, shares the quick and easy recipe.
The only ingredients needed to make this refreshingly simple seltzer are lemon, lavender, and tulsi. Tulsi excels at offering emotional support during particularly stressful days or when you are feeling a little down.
The flavors of lavender and lemon complement each other beautifully. When combined with lemon, which always seems to be an uplifting taste to me, I think lavender does a very nice job clearing and acting as an emotional “reset” button. It helps that lavender is also a nervine and nootropic for emotional well-being. Yields 1 (12-ounce) serving
- 12 ounces sparkling water
- 1 serving tulsi extract (usually around 30– 60 drops, depending on the brand)
- 5 drops lavender extract (not essential oil or lavender flavoring)
- 1 lemon wedge
- 1 sprig fresh lavender buds (optional)
How to Make
1) Pour the sparkling water into a glass. This will be the base of your drink.
2) Add the serving of tulsi extract and the 5 drops of lavender extract. Stir with a spoon to disperse the extracts into the water.
3) Squeeze the lemon wedge gently over the glass and drop it into your drink. Garnish with a sprig of fresh lavender buds, if desired.
Want more? For recipes featuring other herbs that can help increase your energy, stamina, mental clarity, and much more, pick up a copy of THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO ADAPTOGENS by Agatha Noveille.
What are adaptogens and how do they support wellness? Find out here.
Excerpted from The Complete Guide to Adaptogens by Agatha Noveille. Copyright © 2018 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.