It is barbecue season, which means it’s time to start thinking about some tasty apps you can bring over to your friends to pregame for the burgers and hotdogs you’re going to have for dinner. Lindsay Boyers, author of THE EVERYTHING KETO DIET MEAL PREP COOKBOOK, shares her BLT dip recipe.
At only 3.5 grams of carbohydrates per cup, raw, sliced zucchini coins are an ideal vessel for this BLT Dip.
- 1⁄2 pound no-sugar-added bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄8 cup mayonnaise 1⁄8 cup full-fat sour cream
- 1⁄8 cup shredded Cheddar cheese 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- Combine all ingredients, except lettuce and tomatoes, in a large bowl and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Transfer mixture to an 8″ × 8″ baking pan. Sprinkle lettuce and tomatoes on top.
- Divide into six equal-sized portions and transfer each portion to a separate airtight container. Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat, up to one week.
PER SERVING: Calories: 280 | Fat: 26 g | Protein: 7 g | Sodium: 412 mg | Fiber: 0.5 g | Carbohydrates: 3 g | Sugar: 2 g | Net Carbohydrates: 2.5 g
Find some more great recipes in THE EVERYTHING KETO DIET MEAL PREP COOKBOOK by Lindsay Boyers!
For more on Tips on Life & Love: Going Keto: Spicy Bacon and Avocado Balls Recipe
Excerpted from The Everything Keto Diet Meal Prep Cookbook by Lindsay Boyers. Copyright © 2019 by author. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.