Deciding to live a Keto-friendly lifestyle doesn’t mean you have to give up your favorite desserts. Check out this delicious Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe from KETO BASICS by Adams Media!
This recipe calls for the use of an ice cream maker, but not having one isn’t a deal breaker. Instead of using an ice cream maker, you can stir the mixture in the bowl every 30–45 minutes while it cools in the refrigerator
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated erythritol or granular Swerve
- Cut avocado in half and scoop out contents into a medium bowl, excluding the pit. Add coconut milk, heavy cream, and vanilla extract to the bowl. Beat mixture until smooth.
- Add cocoa powder and granulated erythritol or Swerve and beat until smooth.
- Store in a metal bowl in the refrigerator for 6–12 hours, then put mixture into an ice cream maker, following manufacturer’s instructions for use.
- Serve immediately or store in the freezer until ready to serve.
PER SERVING Calories: 425 Fat: 39.7g Protein: 7.2g Sodium: 36mg Fiber: 10.3g Carbohydrates: 66.8g Sugar: 2.3g Sugar alcohol: 48.7g
Make It Your Own This is a basic ice cream recipe that you can make your own by adding your own mix-ins. Try unsweetened coconut flakes, dark chocolate shavings, or chopped peanuts.
Find some more great recipes in KETO BASICS by Adams Media!
For more on Tips on Life & Love: Holy Guacamole: A Keto-Friendly Guac Recipe
Excerpted from Keto Basics by Adams Media. Copyright © 2019 by author. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.