Need something quick and easy to cook up before your New Year’s Eve party? Kelly Jaggers, author of THE EVERYTHING EASY INSTANT POT COOKBOOK, shares her Instant Pot Taco Dip recipe!
This is a fantastic complement to a game-day spread and is a welcome addition to any tailgate, potluck, or party. This dip can also be used to fill large tortillas—along with some refried beans—for a quick burrito!
Ingredients (serves 8):
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1 (1.25-ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup shredded Mexican-style cheese, divided 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup chunky salsa
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Taco Seasoning Instructions
Mix Homemade taco seasoning mix is a breeze! For one pound of ground beef combine 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder, and 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper in a small bowl with a lid. Shake well to mix.
Per Serving: Calories: 293 | Fat: 21g | Protein: 17g | Sodium: 631mg | Fiber: 1.5g | Carbohydrates: 7g | Sugar: 3g
- Press Sauté on Instant Pot®. Once machine indicates Hot, about 3 minutes, add beef and cook, crumbling well with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes. Add onion, jalapeño, and diced tomatoes with green chilies and cook until onion is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over meat mixture and stir to combine, then add water to meat mixture and cook, stirring often, until it thickens, about 8 minutes. Press Cancel.
- Stir in 1/2 cup shredded cheese along with cream cheese. Close lid and set steam release to Sealing, then press Manual and adjust cook time to 3 minutes.
- Once cooking is complete quick-release pressure. Open lid and stir well. Press Cancel and transfer to a serving dish. Top immediately with reserved cheese and garnish with salsa and cilantro. Serve hot.
Find out more recipes you can cook with your instant pot in THE EVERYTHING EASY INSTANT POT COOKBOOK by Kelly Jaggers!
Tips on Life & Love: Chicken Zoodle Soup: Instant Pot Recipe
Excerpted from The Everything Easy Instant Pot Cookbook by Kelly Jaggers Copyright © 2018 by the author. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.
Photo by Samantha Grayson on Unsplash.