The Chew cohost Clinton Kelly shares his best tips and tricks. Your guests will be none the wiser!
One of the keys to fabulousness is maintaining an air of mystery. You don’t need to tell your guests about every little money-saving trick. For example, when it comes to baking a pie, I’ll occasionally get a storebought crust. (Shhh. Let’s keep that between us.) I just customize it to make it look more homemade. Here’s how to do it.
1. Buy a frozen crust made with butter.
2. Let it thaw.
3. Cut off the machine-made edge with a paring knife.
4. Carefully remove the remaining crust from the pie tin, and lay it in your own cute pie dish.
5. Patch any cracks with water.
6. Crimp the edges with your fingers so it looks homemade.
8. When your guests tell you the crust is great, say, “Thank you!”