Need a new Keto recipe to try out for the New Year? Check out this delicious Spicy Bacon and Avocado Balls Recipe from KETO BASICS by Adams Media!
These fat bombs carry some of the flavors of guacamole. They are slightly spicy, but if you want to increase the fire, just leave some of the jalapeño seeds in.
Ingredients (Makes 6 fat bombs):
- 4 slices sugar-free bacon
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil 1 tablespoon bacon fat
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until golden, about 4 minutes each side.
- Drain bacon on a paper towel. Save bacon fat for later in a glass cup.
- Once bacon is cool, chop 2 slices into crumbles.
- Cut remaining 2 slices into 3 pieces each; these will be the bases for your fat bombs.
- Smash avocado with a fork in a small bowl.
- Add coconut oil and cooled bacon fat to avocado.
- Add onions, cilantro, jalapeño, salt, and bacon crumbles. Blend well with a fork.
- Refrigerate a minimum 30 minutes.
- Form mixture into 6 balls, with the aid of a spoon.
- Place remaining 6 bacon pieces on a plate, then top each with an avocado ball.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 3 days.
PER 1 FAT BOMB: Calories: 132 Fat: 12.0g Protein: 3.1g Sodium: 230mg Fiber: 1.6g Carbohydrates: 2.3g Sugar: 0.2g
Find some more great recipes in KETO BASICS by Adams Media!
For more on Tips on Life & Love: Keto Snacking: Butter Hot Chocolate Recipe
Excerpted from Keto Basics by Adams Media. Copyright © 2019 by author. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.
Photo by Casey DeViese on Unsplash.