Need a new, fun recipe to try out right in time for July 4th weekend? Test out this delicious Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe from THE “I LOVE MY AIR FRYER” GLUTEN-FREE RECIPE BOOK by Michelle Fagone.
This lasagna contains dairy, so beware if you are a vegan or have issues with lactose. The oven-ready noodles are the key to the ease of this Italian casserole
Hands-On Time: 15 minutes • Cook Time: 22 minutes
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 ⁄2 cup diced white mushrooms
- 1 ⁄4 cup diced peeled yellow onion
- 1 cup marinara sauce 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 ⁄3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 5 sheets gluten-free oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook zucchini, mushrooms, and onion 4 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Stir marinara sauce into skillet. Bring to boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium and simmer 3 minutes.
- Preheat air fryer at 375°F for 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, Italian seasoning, and salt.
- Spoon one-fourth of vegetable mixture into an ungreased 7″ cake barrel. Place a layer of lasagna noodles on top, breaking apart noodles first to fit pan. Top with one-third ricotta mixture, followed by one-fourth mozzarella. Repeat two more times with vegetables, noodles, ricotta, and mozzarella. Finish with remaining vegetables and mozzarella.
- Cover lasagna with aluminum foil and place barrel in air fryer basket. Cook 12 minutes. Remove foil and cook uncovered an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove lasagna from air fryer and let rest 10 minutes. Slice and serve warm
For more recipes check out THE “I LOVE MY AIR FRYER” GLUTEN-FREE RECIPE by Michelle Fagone!
For even MORE recipes…
For more on Tips on Life and Love: Air Fryer Recipes: Crispy Brussels Sprouts
Excerpted from The “I Love My Air Fryer” Gluten-Free Recipe Book by Michelle Fagone. Copyright © 2019 by the author. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.