Who says you need to miss out on bread on the Keto Diet? In this special selection from their book KETO BREAD, authors Faith Gorsky and Lara Clevenger share an almond flour-based recipe for garlic bread biscuits you’ll come back to again and again.
We love making these Garlic Bread Biscuits into little meatball sliders, but they are also delicious served along with soup or salad. Our best pro tip when it comes to making these biscuits is to broil them (after they’re done baking) until they’re a nice golden brown on top—almost burned looking—because that’s when they get a deliciously crisp exterior and the mozzarella inside becomes insanely gooey! Let a pat of butter melt on top and enjoy the bliss that ensues. Yields 4 biscuits.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, diced
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp white Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking tray with a Silpat liner or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, use a fork to stir together the almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, dried parsley flakes, salt, and black pepper. Cut in the butter until it looks crumbly.
- In a small bowl, beat together the cream and egg, and gradually incorporate that into the almond flour mixture.
- Stir in the Cheddar until it’s incorporated into the dough, and then fold in the mozzarella.
- Divide the dough into four equal pieces, and roll each into a ball (their shape doesn’t have to be perfect).
- Arrange the balls of dough on the prepared tray and bake until golden on the bottom, about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Calories: 357 | Fat: 31 g | Protein: 15 g | Sodium: 454 mg |
Fiber: 3 g | Carbohydrates: 8 g | Net Carbohydrates: 5 g |
Sugar: 2 g
There’s lots more where this came from! Discover over 100+ keto-friendly bread recipes in KETO BREAD by Faith Gorsky and Lara Clevenger.
If you liked this article, you might also enjoy: 10 Keto Diet Cookbooks to Inspire Delicious, Low-Carb Meals
Faith Gorsky is a lawyer turned food stylist, photographer, and published author. She owns the food blogs AnEdibleMosaic.com and HealthySweetEats.com. Faith and coauthor Lara Clevenger, known for their beautiful photography and delicious, family-friendly recipes, formed TheKetoQueens.com to simplify and demystify the ketogenic diet for real world success and health.
Lara Clevenger is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Personal Trainer, and Keto Coach; she has her own food blog at LaraClevenger.com. Lara and coauthor Faith Gorsky, known for their beautiful photography and delicious, family-friendly recipes, formed TheKetoQueens.com to simplify and demystify the ketogenic diet for real world success and health.
Excerpted from Keto Bread by Faith Gorsky and Lara Clevenger. Copyright © 2019 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.