Intermittent fasting is a different type of diet that has been trending recently! Lindsay Boyers, author of INTERMITTENT FASTING BASICS, shares her fruit salad with ginger and lemon juice recipe that’ll be sure to fill you up!
Traditional fruit salad is a few fruits and melons thrown together and served. This recipe includes a tasty dressing of freshly squeezed lemon juice and minced ginger for a heightened flavor experience that will make fruit salad mean something completely new.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled, seeded, and sectioned
- 1 cup pineapple chunks 1 cup green seedless grapes, sliced
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, cored and chopped
- 1 cup cubed, peeled, and seeded cantaloupe
- 1 cup cubed, peeled, and seeded honeydew melon
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons peeled and freshly grated ginger
- 1 ⁄2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 ⁄4 cup raw cacao nibs
- In a large mixing bowl, combine fruit, lemon juice, ginger, coconut, and cacao nibs. Toss to coat.
- Divide salad between two salad bowls and serve.
PER SERVING Calories: 459 | Fat: 17.9g | Protein: 5.0g | Sodium: 46mg | Fiber: 14.3g | Carbohydrates: 74.1g | Net Carbohydrates: 59.8g | Sugar: 44.5g
Find some more great recipes in INTERMITTENT FASTING BASICS by Lindsay Boyers!
For more on Tips on Life & Love: Holy Guacamole: A Keto-Friendly Guac Recipe
Excerpted from Intermittent Fasting Basics by Lindsay Boyers. Copyright © 2019 by author. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.