Why should you have to give up your favorite Latin foods while on the keto diet?! Singer and television personality Chiquis Rivera, author of CHIQUIS KETO, shares her recipe for a delicious Chicken Enchilada Bowl.
Back when we were living in Compton, California, my mom used to make me enchiladas whenever I craved them. So when I have this healthy and heartfelt dish, I immediately think of her and it makes my soul smile.
SERVES 2 or 3 | PREP TIME: 15 minutes | COOK TIME: 12 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- (6 ounces each), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3⁄4 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1⁄4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped (ribs and seeds removed for less heat, if desired)
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese 1⁄2 small Roma (plum) tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
1) In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and cook the chicken until lightly browned but not cooked through, about 3 minutes.
2) Add the enchilada sauce, chiles, onion, and 1⁄4 cup water and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
3) Meanwhile, place the cauliflower rice in a steamer set over a pan of simmering water, cover, and steam until the cauliflower is tender, about 5 minutes.
4) In a medium bowl, toss the lettuce with the steamed cauliflower and chicken and sauce. Serve with your choice of toppings.
Want more? For a 21-day starter kit to look and feel your best without sacrificing the fun and flavor of Latin-food favorites like tacos and tequila, pick up a copy of CHIQUIS KETO by Chiquis Rivera with Sarah Koudouzian.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also like: Garlic Bread Biscuits (a Keto-Diet Recipe)
Excerpted from Chiquis Keto by Chiquis Rivera with Sarah Koudouzian. Copyright © 2020 by Sweetcheex Entertainment Inc. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.
Image via iStock