Blueberries mean summer! Enjoy this yummy recipe for banana scones with a blueberry glaze from Impatient Foodie by Elettra Wiedemann.
Banana Scones and Blueberry Glaze
Makes 10 to 14 scones, depending on how you portion them.
1 banana, mashed
1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon Zest of 1 orange
1 (14-ounce) box plain scone mix Ingredients listed on the scone
mix package for preparing the batter
Using a plain scone mix not only cuts down on ingredients and prep time, it also creates a good base layer to add in other flavors and bake a scone with a unique twist.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F or according to the package directions. Line a 15 x 10-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the mashed banana, 1⁄2 cup of water, the cinnamon, and orange zest.
- Make the scone dough according to the package directions, using the banana mixture to replace the water called for.
- Form and bake the scones according to the package directions.
- While the scones are baking, make the glaze: In a blender, puree the blueberries and powdered sugar on high speed until well combined, scraping the sides as necessary.
- Remove the scones from the oven and cool slightly (about 5 minutes), then drizzle with the glaze and serve.
Find more recipes in IMPATIENT FOODIE by Elettra Wiedemann
Still have blueberry fever? Check out The Tucci Table Blueberry Pie Recipe.
Excerpted from Impatient Foodie by Elettra Wiedemann. Copyright © 2017 by the author. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.