There are a million and one coffee cake recipes–what makes Starbucks’ version so good? Now you’ll know, with this copycat dessert that’s just as delicious as the real thing! From America’s Most Wanted Recipes Just Desserts.
Starbucks is the largest chain of coffee shops in the world. Along with all that coffee, it makes and sells a huge variety of pastries and baked items. One of the customer favorites over the years has been this buttery cake filled with a nutty graham cracker streusel.
SERVES 10 to 12
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup packed golden brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup milk
1. To make the streusel, combine the graham cracker crumbs, chopped walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice, and cardamom. Stir or whisk the ingredients until well blended.
2. Stir in the melted butter and mix to make sure all the ingredients are moistened. Set the streusel aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 10-inch tube pan with butter or cooking spray and flour. Shake off any excess flour.
4. To make the cake, cream the butter and granulated sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
5. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture and blend well. Slowly pour in the milk and mix thoroughly.
6. Pour half the cake batter into the prepared tube pan. Sprinkle the batter with half the streusel.
7. Pour in the remaining batter, and top with the remaining streusel.
8. Bake for about 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
9. Let the cake cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes, then remove from the pan and serve.
Get relationship tips. Find help with your love life. Have a happy marriage. Sign up for our newsletter!