What better way to start off the new year than a new hearty and healthy breakfast recipe? Add these Almond and Dried Cherry Granola from SLOW COOKER FAVORITES VEGETARIAN to your favorite flavor of yogurt for the best on-the-go breakfast.
5 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup slivered almonds
1 ⁄4 cup agave nectar
1 ⁄4 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ⁄2 cup dried tart cherries
1 ⁄4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
1 ⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
1. Place the oats and almonds into a 4-quart slow cooker. Drizzle with agave nectar, oil, and vanilla. Stir the mixture to distribute the syrup evenly.
2. Cook on high, uncovered, for 11⁄2 hours, stirring every 15–20 minutes.
3. Add the cherries, coconut, and sunflower seeds.
4. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 4 hours, uncovered, stirring every 20 minutes.
5. Allow the granola to cool fully, and then store it in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
After a long day at the office, come home to a delicious and hot bowl of chili.