The holiday season is the perfect time to break out your air fryer to cook up some delicious side dishes for all of your holiday parties. Michelle Fagone, author of THE EVERYTHING AIR FRYER COOKBOOK, shares her fried green beans recipe!
These green beans are quick and crispy and perfect for snacking on while enjoying a cold brew. Also, if you have some picky eaters, these may be the trick to get them to try something green!
HANDS-ON TIME: 10 minutes COOK TIME: 14 minutes
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 2
1 large egg
1 tablespoon whole milk
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons cornmeal
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
1⁄2 teaspoon salt, plus an extra pinch for garnish
10 ounces green beans, trimmed (about 3 cups)
PER SERVING: Calories: 171 | Fat: 2.9 g | Protein: 6.7 g | Sodium: 774 mg | Fiber: 4.5 g | Carbohydrates: 31.0 g | Sugar: 9.8 g
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, milk, and honey.
- In a shallow dish, combine cornmeal, cornstarch, cheese, and salt.
- Preheat air fryer at 375°F for 3 minutes.
- Coat green beans with egg mixture and shake off any excess. Dredge in the cornmeal mixture. 5. Place green beans in air fryer basket. Cook 7 minutes. Gently toss green beans. Cook an additional 7 minutes.
- Transfer green beans to a serving dish and garnish with a pinch of salt. Serve warm.
Find more delicious and easy recipes in THE EVERYTHING AIR FRYER COOKBOOK by Michelle Fagone.
For more on Tips on Life & Love: Air Fryer S’more Brownies Recipe
Excerpted from The Everything Air Fryer Cookbook by Michelle Fagone. Copyright © 2018 by author. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.
Photo by Jonathan Mast on Unsplash.