‘Tis the season to hold hands in a winter wonderland! The most romantic dates in the movies all center on snow. There’s no need to wait until the temperature drops in order to have a great winter date. Heat up your winter romance with these fun ideas.
- Go ice skating. The quintessential winter date. Whether you brave the cold and skate at a local pond or head to an indoor rink, ice skating is the perfect excuse to hold hands and have a fun. Dare each other to jump and spin, and see who’s the first person to fall.
- Bake your favorite treats. The surplus of sweet treats is arguably one of the best parts of the holiday season. Bring your S.O. into the kitchen and have a bake-off. Are you a master when it comes to a mixer? Try these decant peppermint bark chocolate doughnuts. If you’re interested in keeping it easy and equally yummy, you can’t go wrong with the classic chocolate chip cookie.
- Have a cozy night in. Queue up your favorite holiday movies and romantics comedies, order some take-out and cuddle up under a nice warm blanket. Spice things up with a boozy hot chocolate with salted caramel whipped cream for a yummy dessert.
- Catch some local art. You don’t need to be in a metropolitan area to see great art. Head to your local museum or theater and catch an exhibition or show. Take some notes or share your review over a romantic dinner at your favorite restaurant.
- Go sledding. No explanation needed.
- Volunteer. The holiday season is all about spreading love and joy. Spend an afternoon at your local soup kitchen or nursing home and spread the holiday cheer.
Are you a dating pro or traditionalist? Take this quiz to find out.