Dating and finding the right person to settle down with can take some time, especially if you want to be 1000% sure about the person you choose. DeVon Franklin, author of THE TRUTH ABOUT MEN, shares advice on how to master the art of dating, suggesting questions for men and women to ask themselves before swiping right.
When a man goes out on a date, he should be clear and direct about what he expects. He shouldn’t create false expectations to get companionship and/or sex from a woman. If a man isn’t interested in a committed relationship, then he should tell her the truth. He shouldn’t lie to her and then step out on her later. Here are some questions to ask when you’re thinking about Mastery in dating.
- How many hearts have you broken because you didn’t have control of the Dog?
- How many times have you been in a long-term relationship with a woman but have never been able to commit to more?
- How often have you thought a woman was the one until you got to know her better and realized she was human and had flaws, just like everyone else?
- How many women have you misled to get sex and then lost interest in them?
- How many women are you dating right now who think they’re the only one?
- How many times has a man you thought you could trust lied to you?
- How many times have you excused or overlooked a man’s behavior, assuming you could make him change?
- How many times have you had sex with a man and found out after the fact that that was all he wanted?
- Have you ever believed you had to accept a man’s flaws or behavior, thinking he might be the best you could get or that you’ve already invested too much in the relationship to walk away now?
- How many times have you been rejected by a man because he wouldn’t honor your standards?
To become a Master in dating, there must be transparency and honesty. So single men, let’s get real. If you’re playing around or cheating on someone or being flat-out disrespectful right now as you read this, these questions are for you: If someone were doing to your sister what you’re doing to the women in your dating life, would you allow it?
If your answer is no, then why would you treat someone else’s sister in a manner that is unacceptable to you?
If a man was dogging out your mother or your daughter by lying to her and sleeping around on her, what would you do if you had a chance to look that man in the face?
If your answer involves wanting to lay hands on that man, then look at yourself. Why is it okay for you to do the same things to someone else’s mother or daughter? The man who keeps secrets and lies about his intentions is the Dog, not the Master. Just be honest if you are in a period of your life where you’re not seriously looking. It’s okay—just be truthful with whomever you’re dating. If you don’t value and respect her, don’t date her.
For more relationship advice, check out THE TRUTH ABOUT MEN by DeVon Franklin!
Sometimes love finds you at the most unexpected time. Don’t miss this Tips on Life & Love article: Why Giving Up on Dating Finally Prepared Me to Find Love
Excerpted from The Truth About Men by DeVon Franklin. Copyright © 2019 by author. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.
Photo by Vitor Pinto on Unsplash.