Sometimes, a kiss between a couple really is just a kiss–a casual “Hello,” “Good-bye,” or “Thank you.” But more often than not, a kiss is a powerful expression of intimacy and love. From hot, passionate makeouts in the throes of lust to sweet, romantic embraces in more mundane moments, kisses can launch a new relationship…and keep the flame alive years later. They can communicate comfort and support in times of sorrow, and they can be an outpouring of excitement and happiness at good news. The possibilities are endless! And that’s great–if also a tad overwhelming to navigate at times.
Have you ever spent way too much time analyzing each moment of a smooch and what it meant? You’re not alone! Which why we’ve rounded up a few of our favorite guides to kisses, plus a scientific explanation for we enjoy locking lips in the first place…
- 7 Kinds of Kisses and What They Mean
- 5 Things You Can Learn from a Kiss (and 1 You Can’t)
- 7 Ways to Connect with Your Spouse When You Only Have a Few Minutes
- “The Best Kiss I Ever Had” (via Cosmopolitan)
- The Science of Kissing (via NPR)
Find us on Facebook.