Attention, men: Achieve a lean body, more energy and better overall health with these 10 key rules, from The Life Plan: How Any Man Can Achieve Lasting Health, Great Sex, and a Stronger, Leaner Body.
1. Make a list of the reasons you want to lose body fat and keep it off forever. Laminate it, carry it with you, and refer to it frequently.
2. Avoid buffets and other places where there are many food choices—the more food choices you have the more you will eat too much of the wrong foods.
3. No finger foods—ever.
4. Don’t eat unless you are sitting at a table.
5. Avoid eating fast. Savor every bite. Try to spend 15 to 20 minutes eating each and every meal.
6. Avoid high-glycemic fruits (bananas, kiwis, pineapples, papayas, mangoes, honeydew melons, watermelons, cantaloupes, raisins) and all fruit juices.
7. Don’t eat for at least two hours before you go to bed.
8. If you get a craving, avoid eating for at least 15 minutes — cravings invariably disappear by that time.
9. If you must have dairy, then go for low-fat or soy cheeses.
10. For snacks, have a protein shake, apple with low-fat cheese, orange with handful of almonds, or celery or carrots with low-fat cheese.