What you discover when you first start practicing yoga, and what you realize over time. From Yoga Girl.
WHEN YOU FIRST START PRACTICING YOGA REGULARLY, YOU’LL HAVE SOME IMPORTANT REALIZATIONS:
1. This is much harder than I thought.
2. It also feels much better than I thought.
3. My body and my mind sometimes—or most of the time—completely disagree with each other, and the two sides of my body are very different.
4. How did I live my whole life without knowing how to breathe properly?
5. I want to do more of this.
AND IF YOU PRACTICE LONG ENOUGH YOU MIGHT EVEN REALIZE:
6. The clothes I wear have little to no effect on how well I perform on my yoga mat.
7. My body is connected to my emotions. My emotions are connected to my thoughts. My thoughts are connected to my ability to stay present. And my ability to stay present is connected to my body.
8. The poses we practice are not the destination, but the path.
9. The more I advance in my practice, the more I realize I have not advanced at all.
10. I want more of this.
Photos courtesy Dennis Schoneveld