On this popular diet, a “Paleoista” eats what humans were born to ingest (fresh fruits and vegetables, seafood, lean meats, and natural fats), and excludes the foods developed later (grains, legumes, dairy products, salt, refined sugar, and processed oils). Here’s why it could work for you, from Paleoista: Gain Energy, Get Lean, and Feel Fabulous with the Diet You Were Born to Eat by Nell Stephenson.
1. You’ll feel the best you’ve ever felt!
2. You’ll have incredible amounts of energy, all day long.
3. You’ll be more productive and efficient, since your body and mind will be rolling along full speed ahead, no longer having to deal with blood sugar spikes and crashes.
4. Your skin will glow.
5. Your body will be lean.
6. You will sleep like a baby (unless you have one).
7. You’ll impress the heck out of your spouse/partner/family/friends with your amazing ability to cook a Paleo meal—they’ll think you secretly took a course from Le Cordon Bleu when they weren’t looking.
8. You’ll set an amazingly healthy example for your kids to follow.
9. You’ll inspire others all around you by your own success and dedication to something so fundamental—your health, upon which all else is built.
10. Did I say you’re going to feel phenomenal?
So look. There it is. Is it hard? Overall, no. Yes, there is that brief transitional period, during which you may feel a little off. Maybe you’ll be a little sluggish, or just psychologically miss that piece of bread with dinner. But it’s very short lived, maybe a week or two. (You don’t need bread.) And I promise you, there is a brilliant, gleaming light at the end of the tunnel.
Get fit. Find nutrition facts. Live a healthy lifestyle. Sign up for our newsletter!