Try this clean, high-protein meal from 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse after a cleanse or detox, or if you just want to eat delicious food, guilt-free.
Collard Greens with Turkey Sausage
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
1⁄8 teaspoon each ground black pepper and cayenne pepper
3 medium shallots, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2 lean fresh turkey sausages with casings removed
1 pound of collard greens, stems removed and leaves chopped
- In a small bowl, mix together chili powder paprika, salt, black pepper, and cayenne.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large sauté pan on medium-high.
- Add shallots and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes, until softened.
- Heat remaining olive oil in pan. Add sausage and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, for about 3 minutes, until browned.
- Stir remaining spice mixture and collard greens into pan. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove lid, stir, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add shallot mixture back to pan, stir, and cook for 1 more minute, until heated through.