Maxi dresses are:
• great for women of all ages.
• flattering on women of all heights. Yes, even petites! With one, uninterrupted column of fabric they create a wonderfully long length. Rachael Ray once confided to me that she loves them so much that she owns several.
• so breezy on a hot day, like your own personal fan.
• a wonderful way to wear the season’s bold colors and/or floral prints.
• bohemian fashion at its best (but can also be elegant for evening, depending on the fabric).
Shoes: I love summer’s It shoes, like strappy sandals or wedges or flats, paired with this look — as long as the maxi dress hemline is tailored above the ground. Don’t make the mistake of dragging the dress around and making it look downright sloppy: There’s nothing hippie chic about that. Keep the footwear casual and cute and you can’t go wrong. (Cowboy boots look fab, too!)
Jewelry: Layered necklaces really complete the look, as does stacking on friendship bracelets or bangles.
Have you ever worn a maxi dress? What’s your favorite brand?
Still shopping for your perfect dress style?
Read The Basic Dress Every Woman Needs