1 lb pizza dough, store-bought or homemade
All-purpose flour, for dusting
2 teaspoons olive oil, plus more for brushing
3 tablespoons pesto
1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
½ red or yellow onion, cut into 1 ⁄2-inch slices
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
1. Divide the pizza dough in half, place on a well-floured surface, and let stand at room temperature for about 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Using a well-floured rolling pin, roll out each dough half into a 10- to 12-inch round about ½ inch thick.
3. Sprinkle a pinch of flour evenly across the bottom of a large ovenproof skillet. Fit a dough round in the skillet and place on the stove top over medium heat. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of the oil over the dough, then spread with 1½ tablespoons of the pesto. Arrange half each of the zucchini, mozzarella, onion, and tomatoes over the pesto, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the crust begins to set, 2–3 minutes.
4. Transfer to the oven. Bake until the cheese is melted and the crust is crisp and golden brown, 10–12 minutes. Remove from the oven, transfer the pizza to a cutting board, and keep warm.
5. Let the skillet cool slightly, then repeat with the remaining dough round and toppings.
6. Brush the pizza crusts with oil, sprinkle the pizzas with Parmesan, and serve.
Enjoyed the Pesto Pizza? Try this Wilted Spinach and Black Bean Salad recipe. Or this Ginger Salmon and with Wild Rice and Vegetables power bowl recipe.