Adults and kids all crave a sweet pick-me-up. This yummy Chocolate Zucchini Bread from MOM’S SUGAR SOLUTION is the perfect guilt-free treat to satisfy your sweet tooth. Bring a slice to the office or pack one in your child’s lunch box for a hearty snack.
This Chocolate Zucchini Bread is rich and moist and flavored with unsweetened cocoa powder for that chocolate intensity that kids (and adults) crave. But you can feel good knowing that each slice has 3 grams of fiber, providing more than 10 percent of the daily value of this often underconsumed nutrient.
Serves 12 (serving size: 1 slice)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
1⁄4 cup plus
1⁄2 teaspoon canola oil, divided
1 cup whole-wheat flour
3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1⁄4 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
1⁄4 cup agave syrup
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1⁄2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium zucchini), drained well
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9″ × 5″ loaf pan with 1⁄2 teaspoon canola oil.
2. In a large bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a separate large bowl, whisk together eggs, remaining oil, yogurt, sugar, agave, and vanilla.
4. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture. Stir to combine, about 2 minutes.
5. Fold in zucchini using a spatula. Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
6. Bake 50–55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Let cool 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Use a bread knife to cut into 12 slices. Serve warm.
Calories: 140 | Fat: 7g | Protein: 4g | Sodium: 190mg | Fiber: 3g | Carbohydrates: 20g | Sugar: 9g | Added Sugar: 9g