By Kristin Sidorov
Pregnancy is a magical time. From the moment you find out that you’re expecting, your world changes—along with a few other things, like your weight, your, ahem, eating habits, and your ability to have a good night’s sleep.
Taking it all in stride while somehow trying to pull off that “glow” everyone has always talked about is tricky. But then you realize that everyone and their mother (literally) feels free to dispense unsolicited advice and brash comments at every turn. Lets be real: Pregnancy is pretty great, but it’s also hard—and horror stories about your friend’s aunt’s sister-in-law’s bazillion-hour labor doesn’t help. At all.
Instead, do your pregnant friends a favor: Lie. Lie, and let them have their pregnancy in their own way—because at the end of the day, everyone’s is different, and sometimes just getting through the day can seem impossible, let alone the next nine months. A kind word, even if it is a fib, could make all the difference.
1. You’re totally glowing. Your skin looks amazing and you’ve never looked healthier.
2. Don’t worry about your weight gain. It’ll all just melt away after the baby is born, trust me.
3. Of course your baby will be way cuter than any of the other babies you’ve seen on Facebook lately.
4. Breastfeeding is a breeze.
5. You’ll get so much sleep after the baby is born. That’s just an old wives tale. Most babies start sleeping through the night within 2 weeks.
6. Don’t be nervous: Labor is easy and most of it goes by super fast.
7. Seriously, from behind, I can’t even tell that you’re pregnant.
8. You, emotional? Please! You’ve been the image of calm and collected.
9. Whatever you decide to name your baby will be perfect. I promise.
10. You’ll totally have time to hit the gym, make your own baby food, and still have a regular sex life after the baby is born. No problem.
Get relationship tips. Find help with your love life. Have a happy marriage. Sign up for our newsletter!