Try to follow these planning tips and key rules every day to stay on track with your weight-loss plan. They can play an essential role in helping you achieve your goals of leanness, increased energy, and great health. From The Life Plan Diet.
1. Cook enough protein and veggies to have meals ready in the fridge for several days.
2. Always pack lunches and snacks to take with you, whether you are going on a short vacation or on a business trip for a couple of days.
3. Have meal replacement bars and/or shakes on hand.
4. Plan your meals according to your day’s activities—heavier meals before a workout, smaller meals before a nap or watching TV.
5. Always carry water with you—a no-calorie way to fill yourself up before, after, and between meals.
6. Make a list of the reasons you want to lose body fat and keep it off forever. Laminate it, carry it in your wallet, and refer to it frequently.
7. Take a “before” picture of yourself with your cell phone and look at it once a day. You’ll be surprised just how quickly your body will begin to change.
8. Photocopy your shopping list and keep a copy in your wallet, or type it into your cell phone as a permanent reminder of what you need to buy.
9. Don’t eat unless you are sitting at a table. Your car doesn’t count as a table.
10. Avoid eating fast. Savor every bite. Try to spend at least 15 minutes eating each and every meal. You can make yourself slow down by taking 20 chews per bite and putting less food on your fork for every mouthful.
11. Use a small plate. It makes you feel and think that you’re eating more food than you really are.
12. Don’t consume any calories for at least two hours before you go to bed.
13. Make getting a good night’s sleep a priority.
14. Avoid buffets and other places where there are many food choices—the more food choices you have the more you will eat too much of the wrong foods.
15. No finger foods—ever.
16. Keep bad food out of your house.
17. Look away from the television when food commercials are thrown at you.
18. Don’t eat bread when you’re on the road or any time you’re away from home.
19. Stay out of the kitchen between meals.
20. Don’t miss any meals. Eat every two to three hours.